Saturday, March 19, 2022

Guest House Havana CUBA B&B

 



Don DANIELE

2005

Havana, Cuba


"I stayed at Casa Gisela in 2005  … It’s owned by Gisela and Don Daniel, who I “think’ may have passed away. If so, RIP … I enjoyed my stay here and had a great time chatting with Daniele and Gisela. Gisela made me a nice big breakfast every day. "

GISELA GUEST HOUSE is located in Vedado, Havana a few miles from the center. The house and the area is where the more wealthy citizenss of Havana lived before the Revolution of Fidel Castro, so keep the distance in mind if you are thinking about staying here.



Casa Gisela y Marta is a fantastic place to stay in Havana.

Marta, Herman, and Gisela are excellent hosts. The rooms are clean and comfortable, including the private bathroom with reliable hot water. The breakfasts are huge and delicious, including incredible fresh fruit juices (papaya, guava). Marta and German are super helpful. The casa is close to the famous Malecon (seawall) which offers a beautiful walk to the old part of Havana. Be sure to check out the fully restored Plaza Vieja, which is gorgeous and includes a great microbrewery. There are also hotels, stores, and a superb playground within a couple of blocks. Fantastic launch pad for exploring Havana.







Inside CASA GISELLA

HAVANA






This is where I stayed in Havana in 2005. Gisela dn DoN Daniele were wonderful host. I flew down to Havana, just as Hurricane Katrina was in full force. Actually I flew to Cancun, Mexico first, was there a few hours, then hopped on my flight (delayed 2 hours) from Cancun to Havana, Cuba.

I stayed at The Hote l Ambos Mundos (Hemingway's Hotel) my first night, and moved into Casa Gisela the next day. Loved it.

I was at Casa Gisela for a few days, then went down to Trinadad di Cuba for two days, and stayed at Gisela's niece's B&B in Trinidad. It was very nice.

I drank alot of good Cuban Rum, and smoked great Cuban Cigars : Romeo & Juliette, Monte Cristos, Patagas, and Cohibas. I was hanging out at the Ingleterra Hotel a lot, next to the Opera House, right in the Center of Havaana. The Capital Building was there, as well as The Partagas Cigar Factory, where they make Partagas, Cohiba, Monte Cristo, and many of the famous Cuban Cigar brands are made at the Partagas Factory in Havana. I went on the factory tour. It was great.

I had several meals in The Iglaterra Hotel, drank Mojitos and bought Romeo & Julietta Cigars in the Cigar Shop there. I smoked my cigar after dinner with my Mojito, and listened to the live band playing wonderful Cuban Music. "It was great."




Cool Old Pre Revolution Aristocratic Home 
                          (Tripadvisor Review)

I stayed here in 2005 and had a great time. Gisela is really great. So were her husband Don Daneile (not sure if he still alive). Gisela makes you a nice breakfast. If you want to be centrally located, this is not the place.








NEED a HOTEL ?

ANYWHERE in The WORLD






No comments:

Post a Comment